[restoration] L319D - 1958 - Seite 7 - L319-forum.de  

[restoration] L319D - 1958

Bilder und Beschreibungen von Restaurierarbeiten oder auch selbstherstellen von Ersatzteilen oder Werkzeugen. Sowie Tipps und Tricks die das Arbeiten erleichtern
Antworten
panzerjim
Re: [restoration] L319D - 1958

Beitragvon panzerjim » 26.03.2017, 22:40

i use the original wiring, he was in perfect condition , just clean up the contact with iron straw and wd40 ;)

thanks for the link Uwe ;)
we can't make new with old .... but we try 8)

panzerjim

Beitragvon panzerjim » 28.03.2017, 21:59

hop !

Bild

Bild

sven280

Beitragvon sven280 » 02.05.2017, 11:52

nice restauration :D
thanx for helping me
Mercedes-Benz, mijn passie www.bloggen.be/debaetssven

sven280

Beitragvon sven280 » 02.05.2017, 11:52

nice restauration :D
thanx for helping me
Mercedes-Benz, mijn passie www.bloggen.be/debaetssven

panzerjim

Beitragvon panzerjim » 07.05.2017, 08:38

Hallo Leute !

Sorry not to give too much news but a lot of hard moment in life so I'm moving slower. I did a lot of little stuff but I did not think about taking pictures .... anyway, everything is ready for restart! All the diesel fuel system is mounted, the tank cleaned and repainted in place, the same for the air filter, etc ....:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Except that .... it doesn't start :Wandhauer: :Wandhauer: :Wandhauer: ..... Like if the gasoil did not arrive while it piss when I loosen an injector cap. We re-try it today with a buddy who has a bigger starter battery because the one I have is too weak. Normally it should start there is no reason :) I followed the whole procedure of stalling the injection pump to the letter!

During this time, it takes dust .....

Bild

The electrical wiring is finished behind the counters.

Bild

I only have the electrical wiring from the rear and the handbrake system to do before I can rest the wooden rear floor!

Bild

And I advance a little less quickly because I prepare the Estafette for the annual meeting of the estafette owner"s club and the starter just died yesterday :scheinheilig: ...... in addition, I just recover that hahaha! A Caravelair Super Alouette from 1966 with access from the back, she will go behind the grouper I think, to make a beautiful set ;)

Bild

bye bye !

Bild

Harald2

Beitragvon Harald2 » 07.05.2017, 09:41

Hello Panzerjim,

I've been following all your posts with big interest, 319636 thanks for your great report!

About the problem with starting your engine the first time:

I worked for a few years as a mechanic in a Mercedes-Benz Workshop and I can tell you, that it is absolutely normal that your rebuild engine needs up to a few minutes to fire up the first time.

But be careful and don’t start all the time without interruption, because your starter (the copper winding) must cool down. Another way to the first start is towing.
The reason for the long time to the first start is because the piston rings need more oil to seal between the cylinders so from this moment the engine has enough compression.

I guess that I’m better in repairing old Mercedes than writing in English…

I like your signature: we can't make new with old .... but we try

May be my new signature: I can’t write in English…. but I try

You wrote: “Sorry not to give too much news but a lot of hard moment in life so I'm moving slower.”

I can’t know what happened, but I wish you better moments the next time and I wish you a good attitude in relation to this hard moments in life.
Remember Ronan Keating: Life is a roller coaster. Sometimes is goes up and sometimes it goes down – I can imagine that the hours in your workshop are your source of power.

Have a good Sunday, and 319 regards

Harald

panzerjim

Beitragvon panzerjim » 13.05.2017, 19:18

i passed all the day on the 319 and he still don't want to start :/

i've bouight a new battery, verify again that the injection pump push gasoil at the good time, i've got gasoil blowing at the entrance of the injectors, maybe the injector ???

i think i must call a diesel professionnal to see what happen because i really don't understand .... :Wandhauer: :Wandhauer: :Wandhauer: :Wandhauer:

Jean-Manuel

Beitragvon Jean-Manuel » 13.05.2017, 23:22

You'v'e done a lot of work with your L319D, but I don't remember what you did with the injection pump.
A friend of mine who is restoring a w211 220sec has had problems with the injection pump : one of its two pistons didn't blow enough, not more than the half than the other one.
But his car had been stopped for maybe over twenty years before he got it...
I don't know how many pistons has your injection pump : two or only one ?

panzerjim

Beitragvon panzerjim » 14.05.2017, 13:12

one piston per injector. i didn't open the injection pump because she had to do the job well. i stock it full of diesel not to damage it.

Harald2

Beitragvon Harald2 » 14.05.2017, 17:40

Hello panzerjim,

you made such a great job up to this step so that you will solve this problem at least too.

A Diesel-Engine will run if:

1. If it has enough air – dismount the air filter so that you can be sure that there is no plug inside, may be an old cleaning rag
2. It it has enough Dieseloil - just at the right moment
3. If it has enough compression

Point 1 is easy zu check (try it without the air filter)

Point 2: Are you able to check if the injection pump is mounted and adjusted correct? Or do you need informations to this step?

Point 3: The engine has runned before you dismantled it so that this point should not be the problem.

I suggest to check at next two points:

a) Is all okay with the fuel pump? Do you get Diesel from the tank? Are both lines correct installed, from the tank and back to the tank?

b) If you open the injection lines, that means if you loosen a nut at the injectors: Is there Diesel oil when you try to start?

If you have Diesel and if you have air and the engine doesn’t start, may be that the adjustment of the control timing is not correct. A four stroke engine needs two turns at the crankshaft and one turn at the camshaft and the injection pump so that it is important to check when you install the injection pump if the crankshaft is in the position for the first cylinder or not. You can't see this at the crankshaft, you have to ckeck the valves. The valves from the first cylinder have to be closed, not these of the 4. cylinder!

Are you able to check if the injection pump is correct installed and adjusted? Or do you need information for this step?

I think that your engine doesn’t get Diesel (may be there is air in the system) or gets Diesel but not at the right moment so you have to install and adjust the injection pump right.

636 regards

Harald

panzerjim

Beitragvon panzerjim » 14.05.2017, 20:05

thanks harald,

i've got diesel at the entrance of the injector when i try to start the motor with the line open. (hard to speak a mecanical english ...)

i think the adjustement is good, 30° before "OT" . the 1st cylinder is the one near the water pump isn't it ?

if you have information (even in german) , i take. all informations are welcome :)

Harald2

Beitragvon Harald2 » 14.05.2017, 21:04

Hello panzerjim,

you asked: "the 1st cylinder is the one near the water pump isn't it ?"

This is a very important question! Yes, in the case OM 636 the first cylinder is near the water pump.

May be you think about information like this:

http://www.sup-tourer.de/img/mercedes-b ... eitung.pdf

Such books are available in ebay. Have a look from pdf-page 44 (= paper page 40)

About the injection data, in german language: Förderbeginn 26° vor OT

This is valid for engines with - in german - Spritzversteller. An OM 636 with 40 PS doesn't have a Spritzversteller, the 43 PS OM 636 has a Spritzversteller.

Are you sure that when you check the adjustment of the injection pump that the crankshaft is in the turn in relation to the first cylinder? If not, you have to turn the crankshaft further 360°. But it seems that you know what you are doing.

I repeat, that it is easy: Air, Diesel (the right moment), compression and the engine must run.

The valves are all correct adjusted?

It is a pity that you are so far away.

Harald

kaasenco66

Beitragvon kaasenco66 » 18.05.2017, 16:16

Hallo Harald,

Don't we need a bit of electricity to make the engine run?
Lack of sufficient current allows my starter engine to run too short after glowing. It's not on the batteries, but probably a short circuit, which I can not find for days.

MB O391D '66-OM621-regards,
Gert

Harald2

Beitragvon Harald2 » 19.05.2017, 12:00

Hello Gert,

of course electrcity is needed if you want to start your engine the normal way. But as I wrote it will be normal that a complete rebuild engine needs a longer time zu have enough compression to start. In this case it is not important if the glowing plugs work correct or if there get Volts lost. There is a possibilty to test the engine with startpilot, but I won't recommend it.
As I wrote: If the adjustment of the injection pump and the camshaft to the crankshaft is right, if the engine has compression, air and Diesel to the right Moment, the engine must run.

636 regards
Harald

panzerjim

Beitragvon panzerjim » 17.06.2017, 18:10

hi 319 family !

pressure gasoil ok, I put the Renault Laguna with clamps to have enought energy at start, I unscrew the injector pipes and I operate the starter!it's ok ! it blows out everywhere!

Bild

I reconnect everything and I try to start, still nothing .... I let cool, I put a little bit of brake cleaner (just a half pschitt) to help, and badaboum! It starts !!!! Full of smoke good for health! :kiff:

Bild

But it does not turn super round ... 2-3 small accelerations, it always turns weird. I let spin the slow and there ....... a bad noisy noise at all ...... the engine continues to run for 2-3 seconds and I turn off. I try a start and there the noise is not the same ......... stop! I stop everything!

Disassembling the motor cover, and there is the drama .... the third stick misses

Bild

I recover it at the bottom with a magnetic finger, and there ...... outch ! .... it's ugly .....

Bild

Bild

Depressed, I put a sheet on the engine and I come back home to take a shower .... it was too hot to work anyway .... shitty day ... :Wandhauer: :Wandhauer: :Wandhauer:

Antworten

Zurück zu „Restaurierungsdokumentationen und Reparaturanleitungen“