“Anhänger Mercedes-Benz L319 und O319 in Spanien” - L319-forum.de  

“Anhänger Mercedes-Benz L319 und O319 in Spanien”

Hier könnt ihr eure 319 und/oder Euch selber vorstellen
Forumsregeln
Jeder der sich neu anmeldet im Forum, sollte sich hier kurz vorstellen um ein wenig aus der Anonymität des Internets hervorzutreten und ein wenig gute Manieren zu beweisen. Auch diejenigen die denken es kennt sie jeder, werden gebeten sich die Mühe zu machen und ein wenig über sich zu schreiben, da ja auch die Neuankömmlinge sicher gerne wissen würden mit wem sie es hier zu tun haben.
Antworten
319FranJo

“Anhänger Mercedes-Benz L319 und O319 in Spanien”

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 29.04.2016, 18:33

Mein Name ist Fran und ich bin ein Fan von klassischen Autos, vor allem die Marke Mercedes-Benz und speziell die L319 und O319 Modelle. Ich besitze fünf L319 (vier die in Spanien und eine in Deutschland hergestellt) und O319 Bus in Mannheim hergestellt. Derzeit keiner von ihnen läuft, aber ich bin die Wiederherstellung eines L319 van und bald Restaurierung O319 Bus beginnen.

Ich habe dich über das Internet bekannt und ich denke, die Website, vor allem Ihr Forum, sind sehr interessant. Leider spreche ich kein Deutsch, aber möchte Ihre Gruppe in englischer Sprache beitreten. Glücklicherweise wurde mein Antrag gewährt.

Diese Worte wurden mir übersetzt. Von dort weiter ich persönlich das Gespräch in englischer Sprache, die ich bin sicher, dass viele von Ihnen wissen.

Vielen Dank für die Einladung. Ich hoffe, dass meine Teilnahme interessant ist für euch.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen”

Dear all,

As indicated above, my name is Fran. Unfortunately, I am not German spoken. Nevertheless,I hope to be able to open a smooth communication with you in English. I live on the North coast of Spain between Santander and Bilbao. I am a member of a group of people who love Mercedes-Benz cars and we have got some L319 vans and one O319 during last year. At this moment, we are restoring one L319 van. This unit was made in Spain under Mercedes-Benz license. We have chosen this van to be restored firstly because it has 5 seats so we will be able to enjoy the van with our families and friends. The second unit to be restored will be the O319. It was made in Mannheim factory in 1960. From a legal point of view, this O319 is very particular since it has been clasified by authorities as a 9 seats car. That means it can be driven without any special driving license. You can see this O319 in following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDH4c49CU0w

We have arranged a YouTube channel where some videos related our vehicles are shown. Many videos related to the restoration of the van can be watched there:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4AbCR ... L2V_kCiDIw

On behalf of my friends, I will attach some pictures of our vans soon.

Thanks to let me be a member of your group!!!

319FranJo

Re: “Anhänger Mercedes-Benz L319 und O319 in Spanien”

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 29.04.2016, 18:44

Hello again,

Here are some pictures of our first L319 van. The pictures were taken the first day we bought it:
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 29.04.2016, 18:52

And these are some pictures of the restoration already made. As you can see, the restoration we are performing is complete:
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Olli

Beitragvon Olli » 29.04.2016, 21:31

Hi Fran,

it´s look like an interested 319. A crewcab van? Do you know the history of the car. What kind of work dit it in its life?
Good luck by your restoration, and a lot of fun with the 319. Your work looks very good :top: .

so long
Olli

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 29.04.2016, 22:07

Olli hat geschrieben:Hi Fran,

it´s look like an interested 319. A crewcab van? Do you know the history of the car. What kind of work dit it in its life?
Good luck by your restoration, and a lot of fun with the 319. Your work looks very good :top: .

so long
Olli

Dear Olli,

Thanks for your message. Yes, I know a little about the history of the 5 crew van. It belonged to an official institution called CSIC. This institution was created in 1939 by General Franco just after our Civil War and it remains active. Summarizing, this institution is officially in charge of R+D works and support in Spain. The original purpose of the van was to support activities related to animals in order to improve the efficiency of farms. In simple words, transportation of animals and veterineans. The number plate was an official number given by the goverment.

You can see on the pictures an interesting detail on the lateral upper pannels. There are some open holes in order to let the air coming into the van for the animals.

FInally, it is our intention to restore this van as a Mercedes-Benz Service van.

Best regards!

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 01.05.2016, 08:03

Dear all,

I am sure this question has been asked many times. However, I do not known the answer yet... One of the problems we have found during the restoration of L319 and O319 vehicles is the rubber frames for certain windows. I refer to the small rotating window (left and right) in the cabin and the rubber frame for the sliding windows. In order to clarify my question I attach some drawings:

1.- See below attached document Table 34. Are rubber frames (pieces 15 and 16) references 40 319 671 03 20 (left) and 40 319 671 04 20 (right) available anywhere?

2.- See below attached documents Table 37 and Table 39. I am fookinf for the rubber frames for the sliding windows. I am not sure about references in spite of having the Spare Parts Book. I think this rubber frame is supplied by meters.

Thanks for your assistance,

Fran

zehbeh

Beitragvon zehbeh » 01.05.2016, 12:08

Hi Fran,
Window rubbers are the most difficult to find parts.
1. as far as I know there is no reproduction nor originals available.
2. Reinhard Kainzmeier made reproduction of the sliding window rubbers. Made out of several single pieces.
But my state of knowledge is not very actual. I would ask Reinhard for these parts. He is doing 319 restaurations regularly, and I'm sure he will need these parts too.
Godd luck,
Christian

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 01.05.2016, 16:47

Hi Christian,

Firstly, thanks a lot for your quick reply. I was afraid about the availabiliy of these particular frame rubbers... Hopefully Reinhard has a solution for the sliding window rubbers.

Best regards,

Fran

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 03.05.2016, 09:49

Dear friends, Let me introduce to you our second L319 van. It remains as it was bought since no restoration activities have been performed on it. This is an old ambulance from the Spanish Air Force. We have all documentation proving it including corresponding documentation signed by the Air Force selling the van. Probably is our van whose condition is the best. It is a van made in Spain under Mercedes-Benz license by ENMASA (a factory which manufactured engines for airplanes in Barcelona). Perhaps restoration will not be started until 2017 because we are quite busy and budget is limited... There is a dilema about this van. Should it be restored as an ambulance or not? Some people say that it is an added value but I am not sure...

Jus a couple of pictures of this van.

Best regards to all of you!

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 03.05.2016, 23:22

Just a couple of pictures of another two of our L319 vans. Both belonged to the same company, "Muñoz Swimingpools", close to Madrid. The first one is German, made in 1958. I like a lot this van because of its sliding doors. The other one was made in Spain. Our idea is to restore the first one completely. However, the second one will be restored as a crane. They are now storaged since we can not face so many restoration at the same time.

Regards

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 05.05.2016, 23:19

Hello,

This is our O319. It will be restored after the first van is finished.

zehbeh

Beitragvon zehbeh » 06.05.2016, 07:37

What a nice collection if 319s. Congratulations.
You were talking about "we have". How man persons are "we"? One 319 for each of you?
But nevertheless, there's a lot of work to do. What certainly is fun, if done with the right friends.
Please keep us updated with lots of pics.
Christian

P.S.: End of may, we have our annual meeting of the 319 club. This year it takes place in Remmesweiler in the Saarland. Get the 5 seater ready and join us. :D
For more information, see: http://www.l319-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3180

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 06.05.2016, 12:35

zehbeh hat geschrieben:What a nice collection if 319s. Congratulations.
You were talking about "we have". How man persons are "we"? One 319 for each of you?
But nevertheless, there's a lot of work to do. What certainly is fun, if done with the right friends.
Please keep us updated with lots of pics.
Christian

P.S.: End of may, we have our annual meeting of the 319 club. This year it takes place in Remmesweiler in the Saarland. Get the 5 seater ready and join us. :D
For more information, see: http://www.l319-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3180

Dear Christian, thanks for your kind invitation. Unfortunately, the first van will not be ready on time for your annual meeting but be sure next year I will joint you. Due to many reasons, I love Germany, so another trip to your country will be a pleassure to me.

Frankly speaking, all the shown vehicles and another ones are of my own. But I prefer to say "we" because I consider myself only as part of a team of friends involved on the same projects and sharing the same hobby. They know that in any publication in Facebook, YouTube, etc. about our projects, I always write "we". They appreciate it and it makes our team stronger. Some of them are quite young and it is a small motivation for them. Others are paid because are professionals but their committment is bigger when motivated. They work many ours for free because they feel we are a team.

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 06.05.2016, 13:06

Dear friends,

Let me introduce you a quite interesting L319 D van, at least from my point of view. As you can see, the condition of the van is quite bad. It has no sense to restore it. It was abbandoned outside in the country during years. No engine, no transmission, just the chassis... We bought it just because of spare parts. In addition to the external parts you can see (some quite important), the interior is plenty of quite interesting details. The van was originally an ambulance. That means there are many crommed and aluminium parts used as decoration. Even the window between the cabin and the loading area is very nice it includes an original aluminium frame for two sliding windows. Such frame will be removed and installed in our first van.

First picture was made at the place the van was waiting for us during years. The second one has been take at home so I can work on it easily. We have a short video in YouTube about the rescue of this van. This is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4yM_AEarwE

319FranJo

Beitragvon 319FranJo » 10.05.2016, 00:16

Dear friends,

Just some pictures as an update regarding the work on our van and bus.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Eure Fahrzeuge und die Besitzer“