o319 Bus Window/Sunroof - L319-forum.de  

o319 Bus Window/Sunroof

Alles was eurem 319 fehlt
Antworten
cakalues

o319 Bus Window/Sunroof

Beitragvon cakalues » 12.06.2012, 05:52

I just came across a 22 window bus on ebay and I need to find the missing parts for it.
I need:
Front Bumper
Rear Glass
Front Mercedes Star
Front Emblem above hood
All small side trim
A source for window gaskets
Canvas Roof Parts
ALL small light lenses on front, sides, rear and roof.
Headlights
Grill Trim
Please contact me if you know a source or if you have the parts yourself!

Please contact me if you know a source or if you have the parts yourself!
Regards
Luis
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

zehbeh

Re: o319 Bus Window/Sunroof

Beitragvon zehbeh » 12.06.2012, 08:39

Hi Luis,
what a great find. That bus looks really solid. doesn't seem to have the typical rust problems as all the busses here. I hope it is already yours, or is it still on Ebay?
Where are you from? The bus has a Colorado plate?
I would ask Reinhard Kainzmaier for the parts, he is the one with the ad on the top of the site. He already restaured some busses on has lots of parts. But I don't know if he answers english emails. If not let us know, and someone will help and maybe call him.

your wanted parts:
Front Bumper - not easy, but should be possible to find
Rear Glass - ?
Front Mercedes Star - easy to find
Front Emblem above hood - easy too
All small side trim - beltline trim can be found, lower trim is more difficult to find
A source for window gaskets - difficult, especially the ones fom the sliding windows the little popouts (or how do you call these on the front side?)
Canvas Roof Parts - don't know
ALL small light lenses on front, sides, rear and roof. - side and rears are easy to find
Headlights - easy to find
Grill Trim - easy too

Good luck with the bus. Keep us informed about the progress. We are always interested in some nice bus pics.
Christian

esmeralda31

Beitragvon esmeralda31 » 13.06.2012, 06:00

Hallo Luis,
where do you com from??
Welcome to this forum and good luck!

Best regards Bea
Allzeit gute Fahrt!

cakalues

Beitragvon cakalues » 13.06.2012, 06:17

Christian,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am from Portland, Oregon. On the west coast USA. The car had Colorado plate on it but it is located in Taos, New Mexico. The car was actually an old Mercedes Benz of North America Mobile Training Unit. It has the faded lettering on the sides and rear of the car. That makes it extra special to me. The car I just won on ebay! So I am very happy.

I will post more pictures when it has arrived here in Portland. Part of what makes this one special is that it is also nearly rust free. There is only some slight surface rust on it. The webasto option also makes it very attractive.

Hello Bea,

Thank you for the kind welcome. I am looking forward to being part of this forum and posting as I progress.

Unfortunately the car comes without its original motor. So I will have to find a similar period diesel motor or try and put in a newer diesel.

Are there many members on this forum from the USA?

Thank you very much
Luis

zehbeh

Beitragvon zehbeh » 13.06.2012, 21:51

Hi Luis,

as far as I know there are no or only a very small number of US members on this forum. I always thought that this bus wasn't very common in the US.

Congratulations, that the bus is yours. You are very lucky, finding a Bus with that little rust. All the technical parts are at least here in Germany available. FInding an engine shouldn't be difficult too. The only problem would be the shipping or shipping costs to the US.
So come over to Germany an collect the parts here. Good timing would be in August, when we have a meeting of 319s in the middle of Germany. Maybe Reinhard will come too with his perfectly restaured O319 Bus. See http://www.l319-forum.de/bilderdatenbank/details.php?image_id=239

Good luck with this project,
Christian

esmeralda31

Beitragvon esmeralda31 » 14.06.2012, 07:24

Hello Luis,
have a look for example to this topics:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=888
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1395&p=5401#p5401

MB Collector seems to be a member from Mexico ;-)
His name is Ricardo and perhaps he can help you to find the missing parts...
Greetings from Germany
Allzeit gute Fahrt!

Antworten

Zurück zu „Gesucht“