Hello from Poland - L319-forum.de  

Hello from Poland

Hier könnt ihr eure 319 und/oder Euch selber vorstellen
Forumsregeln
Jeder der sich neu anmeldet im Forum, sollte sich hier kurz vorstellen um ein wenig aus der Anonymität des Internets hervorzutreten und ein wenig gute Manieren zu beweisen. Auch diejenigen die denken es kennt sie jeder, werden gebeten sich die Mühe zu machen und ein wenig über sich zu schreiben, da ja auch die Neuankömmlinge sicher gerne wissen würden mit wem sie es hier zu tun haben.
Antworten
stomek

Hello from Poland

Beitragvon stomek » 05.05.2015, 00:49

Hello to everyone!

Please excuse me writing in English, but my German is still not good enough to communicate freely.

My name is Tomek , living close to Szczecin and I've been attracted to old MB's since I remember, especially 319's.
I've been watching quietly your forum since few years, but to shy to discuss so far. Finally decided to introduce myself.

In the past few years I collected few 319's. The first on was L406 '64 Postbus bought somewhere on south of Germany, original condition, however with broken engine. Next one is Firefighter bought in Berlin , converted to WoMo and OM616. The last one is long Pritsche converted to Mobile Bank as a new in Norway. The car is brought from Sweden, condition is quite ok, drives and brakes.

Each of my car needs restoration and I realize that life is too short to make them all, even if I do it myself semi professionally (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Merc ... 6288213349). So I'd like to ask you as experts which one would you restore first or sell firstly.

Not to littering on the forum attach the link to pictures one of mine.

https://www.facebook.com/61880628821334 ... =1&theater

Regards
Tomek

Elo
Administrator
Re: Hello from Poland

Beitragvon Elo » 05.05.2015, 07:08

Hello Stomek,
Welcome to our forum.
I think you should restore the Postbus to original condition because they are very rare,
most of them went to Afghanistan in the seventies.
And you should sell the Mobile Bank first, I would take it for 5000 Euro :top:

Regards
Michael
Jedes Ende bedeutet einen neuen Anfang.
Elos kleine Fahrzeugschau
Oldtimerbildergalerie

schrat
Administrator

Beitragvon schrat » 05.05.2015, 08:50

Hi Tomek,
I did not find a picture of the Postbus, is there any?

I see quite a lot of cars on your pictures, did you do all the work presented there? If yes, it should be no problem for you to restore another 2 or 3 of the 319 trucks, although I do not know your age :wink:
First car for me to restore would be the beautiful V8 Buick.

What i find interesting is the way of replacing car body parts with normal industrial square tube, as seen with the ponton pickup project. Very stable and durable. A friend of mine had a lot of fun with a ponton repaired like this in the 80's, but how about getting approval by the polish TÜV technical survey nowadays? The same method was used, apparently successfully, for a polish 319 truck, as being visible recently on ebay.
Would like to see more pictures of your 319s
Frank

stomek

Beitragvon stomek » 05.05.2015, 13:06

I've got only this picture of PostBus, 5 years ago i hide it in dry shed and stays till now.

Yes, me and few more guys we do all works presented od FB, but have some many projects it's hard to squeeze in any private one. Actually my dream is to restore PostBus to original condition and make a recovery car from Firefighter. PostBus was the first 319 in collection, all completed and never restored before so I take it sentimentally. I would even consider to sell Mobile Bank , but for little bit more money than 5000EUR :wink:

Regarding Buick that the nearest project we commence, it's going to be kind of custom. Ponton Pick Up is custom project with V8 too, so the subframe is from industrial tubes , but from axle and shasie from 107/114. Additonally they will be registered as collecton cars, so shouldn't be any problem with polish TÜV technical survey.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Brad

Beitragvon Brad » 07.05.2015, 14:04

Gday Tomek,
Nice FB page. So many cars, so little time.
I was amazed how good a lowered 319 looked with a bit of photo shopping. If only you could shoe horn a V8 into the front.
https://www.facebook.com/61880628821334 ... =3&theater :top: :top: :top:

Good luck with your projects.
Cheers, Brad.

stomek

Beitragvon stomek » 08.05.2015, 16:36

Thanks Brad for a good word, that's only one 319 custom project in my head, bought even empty 319 shell on wheels to make dream come trough. Will up load some more "paint job" of 319's if fine them on computer.

I've been thinking few days and decide to sell Mobile Bank, as Elo proposed. Never been fan of WoMO to convert and it's too pity to chop it to make recovery car, despite low wheel base. I would advert on forum, if allowed.

stomek

Beitragvon stomek » 09.05.2015, 21:40

Brad

Beitragvon Brad » 10.05.2015, 12:19

You may need the change the Porsche rims to some MB Pentas or Monoblocks.
That blue MB 319 service van...........drool :lol:

Antworten

Zurück zu „Eure Fahrzeuge und die Besitzer“