oil filter housing question for L319 - L319-forum.de  

oil filter housing question for L319

Alles rund um Motor, Getriebe, Fahrwerk, Bremsen u.s.w
Antworten
Jay

oil filter housing question for L319

Beitragvon Jay » 11.03.2013, 20:44

Hello,

I am a new member of the forum. Very happy to be able to voice questions. I have a 1968 L319 with a 220d(615.912) though it is set up for a manual transmission. I'm guessing this engine was swapped later and was not the factory stock engine model. I am particularly trying to figure out where the oil filter/filter housing is supposed to live/attach to the engine. Mine came missing so I've been trying to assemble the parts from a supplier. I have attached to pics, one is where I think the oil filter housing attaches and one is of a metal tube that appears to be coming out of the oil sump behind the oil dipstick. It has a torn rubber piece at the top of it in the pic. Does anyone know what this is?

Thank you for your time,

Jay
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

319erUfi
Administrator

Re: oil filter housing question for L319

Beitragvon 319erUfi » 12.03.2013, 11:12

Hi,
it seems as a combination of Mercedes /8 engine with 319 oil sump. The metal tube out of the sump was "oil pan breather pipe" covered with "BREATHER FILTER" that earlier Mercedes had. The oil pan with this pipe does not fit with /8 filter (seems so) so some congenius got rid of the filter, perhaps not the best solution. So take out the breather pipe, close that hole and mount a /8 filter, it might fit.
regards Wolfram
goforgold

Jay

Re: oil filter housing question for L319

Beitragvon Jay » 14.03.2013, 21:58

Hi,

Thanks for responding. Would you happen to have a picture of which type of oil filter/housing I should use and where I should
attach it? I have an original 615 parts list in german and it has a diagram for two oil filters. But it is not clear how either one would
be attached on my engine. Or perhaps you may have a part # for the correct oil filter housing that i should use? Sorry, I am still
very new and unfamiliar these engines.

Thanks,

Jay

Antworten

Zurück zu „Mercedes L319 Technik“