Progress with 1st of 2 buses - L319-forum.de  

Progress with 1st of 2 buses

Bilder und Beschreibungen von Restaurierarbeiten oder auch selbstherstellen von Ersatzteilen oder Werkzeugen. Sowie Tipps und Tricks die das Arbeiten erleichtern
Antworten
Sitting Duck

Progress with 1st of 2 buses

Beitragvon Sitting Duck » 16.05.2018, 09:29

I should be ready for paint this week. I am getting excited. I just hope the money lasts to finish the project. I though I would have enough to restore both of my buses. Unfortunately I will run out before I can start my 22 window. I have purchased a lot of parts and all new rubber for it but might need to sell as a project to someone.

Ich sollte diese Woche bereit sein zu malen. Ich bin aufgeregt. Ich hoffe nur, dass das Geld reicht, um das Projekt zu beenden. Ich hätte zwar genug, um beide Busse wieder herzustellen. Leider werde ich auslaufen bevor ich mein 22 Fenster starten kann. Ich habe viele Teile und alles neue Gummi dafür gekauft, könnte aber als Projekt an jemanden verkaufen müssen.

Photos of the progress so far.

Sitting Duck

Re: Progress with 1st of 2 buses

Beitragvon Sitting Duck » 01.06.2018, 19:28

Getting a little closer to completion
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Jean-Manuel

Beitragvon Jean-Manuel » 01.06.2018, 19:47

Your bus looks nice !

panzerjim

Beitragvon panzerjim » 03.06.2018, 09:16

cool color choice !!!!
we can't make new with old .... but we try 8)

Sitting Duck

Beitragvon Sitting Duck » 30.05.2019, 04:02

I made it!!!
My goal for the last year has been to get my o319 ready for the 'Classic in Pismo Beach.' The Largest Spectator Classic Car Show in California. The bus is not 100% complete. I am still waiting for the sliding window seals to be delivered. Maybe another month or two. Otherwise it is good to go. Granted, the restoration is not concourse quality but very nice. I am happy with it. I could not get anyone to work on the original diesel engine, so I swapped it for a Toyota 20R engine with more than twice the HP. I lost the torque though. I am considering maybe a Cummins 4Bt. It measures out (in inches) with an overall length of 30.6, height of 37.7 and width of 24.6. Do you think it will fit?
Anyway, I am excited to finally get it on the road. I registered it today at the Dept. of motor Vehicles. They were scratching their heads and did not know how to categorize it.
This will be my 1st car show that I have participated in. This has been a labor of love but also a love hate relationship. Blood, sweat, and tears, but I am happy.
I hope you like the finished, (almost), product.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Sitting Duck

Beitragvon Sitting Duck » 03.06.2019, 01:34

I really had one of the best times of my life at the Pismo car show yesterday.
My Mercedes o319 15 passenger omnibus put a lot of smiles on people’s faces. I expected some interest, but I was not prepared for the outpouring of accolades. They were tripping the f*** out.
I received so many comments like, "I have been coming to car shows for years. I come to see something new and different. I have never seen anything like this before. What the hell is it. There are only so many souped up Camaros and Mustangs I can look at, then it becomes redundant. How fun is this ride"

So many people came up to me and said it was their very favorite of the whole show. Wow!

People asked, "What did it cost you."?
I told them "Almost my marriage." Ha

Sitting Duck

Beitragvon Sitting Duck » 03.06.2019, 01:43

Car show

This guy was just one of many who fell in love with the bus

Sitting Duck

Beitragvon Sitting Duck » 03.06.2019, 21:38

I am going to assume not many members or visitors to this forum have viewed this post, (although it says 950 views). Otherwise it is very discouraging that there has not been one reply or word of support from the o319 community. I thought we were all in this together and shared our love for these beautiful vehicles, but maybe because my restoration is not to your liking or because I am an American? This has been my passion for almost 2 years. I spent so much money, time, blood, sweat, and tears. I was more excited to share the completion of my bus with this forum than anyone else, because you understand what it takes. Sorry for being so sensitive but the silence is deafening.

Ich gehe davon aus, dass nicht viele Mitglieder oder Besucher dieses Forums diesen Beitrag angeschaut haben (obwohl es 950 Ansichten sagt). Ansonsten ist es sehr entmutigend, dass es weder eine Antwort noch ein Wort der Unterstützung von der o319-Gemeinschaft gegeben hat. Ich dachte, wir waren alle zusammen und teilen unsere Liebe zu diesen schönen Fahrzeugen, aber vielleicht, weil meine Restaurierung nicht nach Ihrem Geschmack ist oder weil ich Amerikaner bin? Das ist seit fast 2 Jahren meine Leidenschaft. Ich habe so viel Geld, Zeit, Blut, Schweiß und Tränen ausgegeben. Ich war mehr aufgeregt, die Fertigstellung meines Busses mit diesem Forum zu teilen als jeder andere, weil man versteht, was es braucht. Es tut mir leid, dass sie so sensibel ist, aber das Schweigen ist ohrenbetäubend.

kaasenco66

Beitragvon kaasenco66 » 03.06.2019, 23:01

Gute Arbeit, very nice buss :D

Elo
Administrator

Beitragvon Elo » 04.06.2019, 17:03

Hello,
Your 319 has become really great. :klatsch:
That so little is answered is not determined by your vehicle or your origin.
It is rather because most of the participants of the community have only a screen,
but the keyboard was unfortunately not included, or the manual was not included.
Therefore please do not misunderstand if so little is written here.
We are looking forward to further contributions and pictures of your vehicles. :top:
Greetings
Michael
Jedes Ende bedeutet einen neuen Anfang.
Elos kleine Fahrzeugschau
Oldtimerbildergalerie

Robjota

Beitragvon Robjota » 13.06.2019, 18:39

Hi Mr Sitting Duck

Well done on your restoration. It is one thing to beaver away relentlessly at a vehicle but to actually get it to point where you can drive it on the road is another level.

Don't be too sensitive about the lack of responses, I get exactly the same and as a self confessed analyst I've racked my brains but decided it cannot be a cultural issue, my brain refuses to accept that from a group of intelligent like minded enthusiasts.

Just laugh it off and carry on doing it for You, that's what really matters and people will appreciate your work even if they don't say so.

Rob

Sitting Duck

Beitragvon Sitting Duck » 13.06.2019, 19:39

Thanks, I needed that

Axel

Beitragvon Axel » 24.06.2019, 21:26

Hi,

i also like your Bus !
Your Colour is very similar to mine.

I wish I could do it in your way. My O319 Panorama is a "rolling Restauration".
In the last weeks I did a litte bit in "Interieur".
One of the pictures shows Uwi an me.

Greets near from Hamburg

Axel

Sitting Duck

Beitragvon Sitting Duck » 25.06.2019, 00:10

Beautiful Panorama bus. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations it looks really nice. I like the setup with the table in your friends in the back.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Restaurierungsdokumentationen und Reparaturanleitungen“