Restaurierung eines O319 Panoramabusses - L319-forum.de  

Restaurierung eines O319 Panoramabusses

Bilder und Beschreibungen von Restaurierarbeiten oder auch selbstherstellen von Ersatzteilen oder Werkzeugen. Sowie Tipps und Tricks die das Arbeiten erleichtern
Antworten
frankbrus

Restaurierung eines O319 Panoramabusses

Beitragvon frankbrus » 09.04.2008, 09:33

My new project "Omnibus 319 mit offenes verdeck"
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

In November I started with the full restoration of a 1958 Mercedes O319.

As I want to do the restoration total and original as possible I will give you some storys in this Forum. I'm sorry that I will do the most in the English language. I can speak German... but I can't write it.

First I started with taken this bus apart. I stripped it as far as possible.
I made 2 frames with wheels to put the chassis and body on. See enclosed pictures.

Bild

Bild

Bild

During wintertime ,and when we had a nice sunny day, I rented a sand blasting machine. (price about 200 euros)
It took about 6 hours to have the frame and underneath of the body done.
As you can see on the pictures the chassis and body are very sound.

The places around the third door needed to be redone. I made a complete new box in stainless steel. There is no difference with the original one .(price about 400 euros)

True this forum I found the original paint as was used . The gray RAL 7044. I painted it completely after using a product from Wurth to prevend rust. It has some fosfor in it . It looks like water but it will be black in color when it is dry.

Bild

In the meantime I ordered by Daimler Chrysler new parts for the rear axle.
Both the bearings , metal brake lines from the left and right rear wheel, both the rear brake cylinders and the rubber seals to close the inside from the rear axle. Also the paper seals and rubber hoses are still available by Mercedes. (price for these parts about 500 euros) As you can see I also sandblasted the rear axle first before total reconditioning of it.

Bild

Bild

Today I replaced the floor with new wood. I used the original wood as pattern to make the new as good as the old wood. I used betonplex with the thickness of 12 mm like the old wood. Today betonplex is used by the fabrication of concrete products to make the form . I bought 3 plates from 1.25 m by 2.5 m. It cost about 36 euros each plate of wood.
(look to the pictures)

All the metal bars and plates , used to command the hand brake and the carburator are again galvanized like before. Cold galvanising in gold color like it was. Cold to be sure that the M6 and M8 trait is reusable.

Next week the body will go to the paintshop… Pictures later.

schrat
Administrator
Beitragvon schrat » 09.04.2008, 20:44

Hi Frankbrus,
that looks really great what you are doing there. Sandblasting with a to-rent machine sounds good. Can you tell me more about the kind of sandblasting machine you have rented?
Frank

Uwe
Beitragvon Uwe » 10.04.2008, 14:42

Hallo Schrat, selber strahlen lohnt heute nicht mehr. Die Firmen machen das fast zu dem Preis, den man für das Material bezahlt. Darüber hinaus bieten manche Firmen noch gleich ne Kaltverzinkung der Teile mit an. Ich für meinen Teil strahle nix mehr selbst, von den gesundheitlichen Risiken und dem Ärger, den man sich heute allzuleicht einfangen kann, ganz zu schweigen. Gruß, Uwe

schrat
Administrator
Beitragvon schrat » 10.04.2008, 19:05

Uwe hat geschrieben:Hallo Schrat, selber strahlen lohnt heute nicht mehr. Die Firmen machen das fast zu dem Preis, den man für das Material bezahlt. Darüber hinaus bieten manche Firmen noch gleich ne Kaltverzinkung der Teile mit an. Ich für meinen Teil strahle nix mehr selbst, von den gesundheitlichen Risiken und dem Ärger, den man sich heute allzuleicht einfangen kann, ganz zu schweigen. Gruß, Uwe

Hallo Uwe!
Das stelle ich mir sexy vor: Bodenbretter raus und dann mal so eben am Nachmittag alles blankmachen. Was für Ärger meinst Du, etwa von diesem Nachbarn mit der weißen Tischdecke auf der Terrasse?

Frank

zehbeh

Beitragvon zehbeh » 10.04.2008, 22:23

Also ich denke er meint die beim Sandstrahlen entstehende freie kristalline Kieselsäure, die zur Silikose führen kann. Daher ist das Strahlen mit Quarzsand ja auch verboten. Aber es gibt ja reichlich andere Strahlmittel, wie z.B. Glasperlen, die kosten aber ca. 1,-/kg.
Gruß, Christian

P.S.: Google mal mit Sandstrahlen und Gesundheitsrisiko, da findest Du einiges zu dem Thema.

jelleW123

Beitragvon jelleW123 » 12.04.2008, 07:45

hello

nice work!
I'm also restoring a L319 '64.
the backside of mine has been repaired but very badly and not original.
could you post some pictures of the inside of the rear corners, and also of the rear mounting of the 'leafsprings'
you can also send them by PM.
greetz jelle

I will try to also post some pictures of my project!

Antworten

Zurück zu „Restaurierungsdokumentationen und Reparaturanleitungen“