L319 Panel Van restoration - Seite 2 - L319-forum.de  

L319 Panel Van restoration

Bilder und Beschreibungen von Restaurierarbeiten oder auch selbstherstellen von Ersatzteilen oder Werkzeugen. Sowie Tipps und Tricks die das Arbeiten erleichtern
Antworten
zehbeh

Re: L319 Panel Van restoration

Beitragvon zehbeh » 22.08.2018, 16:03

Rob, I sent you an PN ="Private Nachrichten" with the phine number of Reinhard.

Robjota

Beitragvon Robjota » 31.08.2018, 14:00

Getting close to finishing the upper A pillar for one side at least. Was quite challenging but very happy so far with it. As it is in an ark, it needs cutting and welding which as always pulls metal tighter.
Alignment of the window return was folded last. I was going to weld it on after fabrication for fear of accuracy but it folded over in the vice ok.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Robjota

Beitragvon Robjota » 17.09.2018, 14:31

Hi folks.

I hope someone is finding this useful .

Moving rearward...i decided to repair the step entry to provide a fixed datum point to then repair the Lower "A" post.

Of course a little job always increases by 4 squared ! So the step came out easily and complete then I started on the chassis. Interested to see the inside chassis and some welded joints are treated with a special blue zinc rich? Paint.

Anyway chassis is 2mm steel. Floor is 1.0mm by my gritty vernier. The van came with a Caterpillar/komatsu type belly pan of 2mm so now it's in the chassis !
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Robjota

Beitragvon Robjota » 19.10.2018, 16:26

An update for those who are interested..its been a busy month in fabrication world and very challenging but very educational for me at least.

No great costs except in time...60 hours a week...every week..just sheet metal and a welding gas...
If you have no idea what I'm on about here's the pictures..

Robjota

Beitragvon Robjota » 19.10.2018, 16:47

Part 2..

Robjota

Beitragvon Robjota » 19.10.2018, 17:04

Part 3
As I made the inner wing arches with very little guidance I was concerned that the outer wing would not match the profile....at all ! But it looks like I can work with what I have..

Antworten

Zurück zu „Restaurierungsdokumentationen und Reparaturanleitungen“